Monday, June 7, 2010

A weekend of digital upgrade…

This weekend I pulled the trigger on a new Digital SLR to replace the Canon xTi that I have been shooting with (which was borrowed from one of my sons) I stepped to the plate and with a 2 balls 1 strike count, I drove a sharp line drive into the gap plating all base runners in front of me with a stand up triple. Baseball aside, I purchased a shiny new Canon 50D with two new lenses, a 28 – 135mm base lens and a 75 – 300mm zoom for those hard to get shots. All are equip with a lens stabilizer which is a big plus in my book.

I took the camera for a bit of a test spin to our local arboretum to put it thru its paces…the camera way out performed me…guess it will be time to brush up on some skills. I was very impressed with the smoothness of operation and ease in which changing controls occur. Much easier to adjust than the Rebel I used before. Everything seemed pretty intuitive.

I think I am ready to take another trip to the tropics…like I wasn’t before I got the camera. I cant wait to see what new shots I can come up with because it sure has jumpstarted me to get back out and shoot some more!!

No comments: