Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A week out and now there are hurdles!

We will be in the islands a week from today and now I am seeing some roadblocks and hurdles. The first is the McDonald Douglas 80 airplane. We fly on a Tuesday evening from KCI to DFW on one of those planes. Should not be an issue as they rounded them today expecting the planes to be in the air in the next couple of days Don’t get me wrong….if there is an issue..ground the darned plane. I have a 6AM flight from DFW that I will be on come hell or high water. We will either purchace a same day flight down on Southwest or I will get in my car and drive the 8 hours to Dallas. Could leave my car with a friend …. This can be overcome with some planning, frankly there is nothing I would rather do than plan travel…..LOL.

Second issue is that in the last year I have been hospitalized on more than one occasion with a staph infection. Going to the doctor today because it has yet again reared its ugly head and I am sporting a nice boil on one of my toes. The biggest infection I had was two toes over and caused me to spend a full week in the hospital followed up by a month of IV drug therapy. This could be a big problem if the infection I now have becomes larger. On my way to the doctor today to get this taken care of. At this point; dude could just lop off the toe and bandage the area and I would be fine with that …..ok kidding but for those that Jones for travel like I do…you get my point here.

One week from today is our big travel day that will culminate with my gorgeous wife and I lying on the beach watching the sun set while the sounds of the breaking waves lull all the stress from our way too stressed out bodies. I cant tell you all how forward I look to sitting my butt in a seat on a plane in Dallas next Wednesday morning for a 6AM flight….then my vacation truly starts to rock! We have put a lot of energy into this trip and I hope that it is all we are expecting. Our journey will be busy for sure and that is not like us, we usually relax a lot. I think we will have the relax time it will just be a t different beaches each day.

6 days and counting……woo hoo!

No comments: