Saturday, April 12, 2008

Snatched from the jaws of de-foot!

Visited the doctor yesterday, yet again…..New surgeon, new and much more satisfactory outcome.

This time I actually got to see the surgeon instead of one of his male interns that was hot to impress the young female intern he was working with....ok intern II was kinda cute but intern I was supposed ot be working on my foot not his moves with the cutie.

The real surgeon poked around a bit, the only issue I had with him poking around is that he used nothing to deaden the area, hey you are digging around under my skin, as in, YOU ARE IN MY TOE, with no sign of any medicine to ease the pain, buddy this freaking hurts and if I wasnt so desperate to go on vacation I may have had some not so kind words to share with him and maybe even display for and on him the different levels of pain that accompanied his treasure hunt in my toe,but I played nice and just bit the bullet.

Then I hear DR Painful say a few words that truly made the pain not only more bearable but ease and almost totaly go away he said.... hmmmm I think I've found the issue. He dug around a bit more, hey doc, if you find any gold dabloons in there you have to split the tresure with the host, being Rob of course....his digging proceeded for what of course seemed like 5 minutes when in all actuality was I am sure less than a minute. Luck was on Rob's side, well kind of, he didn't find any dabloons but did remove a cyst from the crater that he had been working in. Once he removed the cyst the pressure and for the most part the pain had been nullified and I was able to hop down from the table and stroll out of his office with but a hint of annoying ache in my foot. Way to go doc! I'll toast you with a cold one when I am on the beach next week.

Wooo Hoo Vacation is a go again!!!!

Saturday morning comes the foot is much better. I peel back the band aide to view the dammage and immediately recognize that we will now have to pack in our luggage a small pressure washer to get beach sand and maybe small crustations...out of the crater that once was the top of one of my toes. I will be on the look out for small to medium sized hermit crabs that may be looking for a new home. But lets not sweat the small stuff....I am going on my trip!!

I decided it is time for Rob to do some last minute errands.


It is 37 degrees outside…yes I said 37! and yes this is the 12th day of April and yes we are in Kansas. No it isnt supposed to be this cold and to add insult to injury it is snowing outside, You have to be kidding me... No it isnt sticking but yes it is snowing. I may have been one of a hand full of people in Kansas City to laugh at the weather this morning....folks I have 3 days till Calgone takes me away from what has been a cruel winter in our fair city and safely deposits me on a beautiful beach. OK, it isnt Calgon, more like American Airlines, that is as long as they get the MD-80 issue solved before Tuesday otherwise it will be my big black gas guzzling Tahoe taking me to Dallas so I can make my first flight on Wednesday morning. Heck a round trip to Dallas in the Tahoe...there goes my "$600 refund check from Uncle Sam". Now that is one way to stimulate local economy. You should try filling one of those things up at the pump. Almost bad enough to make me want to trade it in for a mini-cooper. I have nce again digressed...sorry, now back to my regularly scheduled tale for today.

I threw on a sweatshirt with my shorts and off I went to the bank and then to tan… We then ran some last minute errands and I am still in my shorts, I truly don’t care how cold it is. We leave on Tuesday and I refuse to wear big boy pants….except of course to work on Monday which is my last day before vacation. I even have a special T-shirt I will be wearing on Monday under what ever I wear to work. The shirt has two pictures on it, the one on top is of a donkey that says This is my ass. The picture below it is of the same donkey lying on a hammock between two palms nursing a boat drink with the caption This is my ass on the beach….any questions!!

Well, you have any questions????? LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No questions here Rob. So glad to hear the good news. You really deserve it after this year of toe bungling. I wish you well, even if my discounted ticket goes out the window in the process! Tell the Bride a hearty hello from the east side. Talk to you soon.

Jeff