Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Catching up

Haven’t blogged lately, was fighting off a pair of nasty staff infections…all is now better.
Have been following airfares and thinking of cities to fly thru….so far have looked at KC-NY-SXM, KC-CLT-SXM, KC-MIA-SXM and now thinking of KC-MIA-SJU-AXA. We are planning a 3 night stay in Anguilla so flying in to AXA is a real possibility. Have to weigh out the $$$ difference as we would fly into SXM we would then need a cab and pay for the ferry over too..may be worth flying into AXA instead of SXM.

We will have some friends with us for part of our stay, he has been to the islands with us before but she has not. Will make for some fun adventures as we do like to go to Orient and Cupecoy but will not participate in the C/O lifestyle with friends from home. Folks we meet on island is a different set of circumstances but we have boundaries with friends from home.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of getting a certification as a travel agent but am slowly and cautiously looking into this. I have a job that already keeps me busy enough.

Our countdown to the island is 239 days…sounds like a long way away but…time will pass quickly and the planning is almost as fun as getting there to me. This year will be our 25th anniversary so I am doing a bit more digging into things to do on island that will be memorable. Am seriously thinking of procuring a photographer while on island to take some beach shots of my wife and I like one of our friends did for their 25th a year or so ago. Problem here is….I am a bit larger than I would like to be….ok 40 lbs larger.

I have changed my eating habits and will incorporate exercise in hopes that I can lose 25lbs or better before we go. That way I won’t embarrass myself for pictures.

Check in later as I am sure our adventures will gain steam as we strive to get back to the islands for vacation.

No comments: