Friday, August 24, 2007

To Do List has been Started......

We are starting to create a list of activities for our trip.

I am going to upgrade my camera and take lots of island pix. I so enjoy trying to find something unusual to shoot. Funny with all the pix I take very few are of people…
This trip we are even talking of getting a hand held GPS to plot our daily journey. Yes I am a bit obsessive but I also have my reasons…We (my friend that is going with us and I) are owners of a couple of websites and the more info we have the more we can share on those sites.

We will certainly hit a beach each day weather permitting.

Beaches we will most likely visit are in no particular order;
Orient, Cupecoy, Rouge, Baie aux Prunes, Firar’s, Happy, Pinel and Green Caye. We are talking of a day sail to Prickly Pear and will stay on Anguilla for a few days and hit a beach or two there as well.

I know that all those beaches sound like a lot especially to those that go to the same beach each day, but we enjoy the change of scenery and we may visit 2 beaches in a day…as some close enough to allow that. We will get plenty of time to do nothing more than relax for sure.

CB (my Child Bride, who she is actually older than I am but looks so much younger) and I are discussing a few half day dive adventures. If so we certainly will dive Anguilla waters and most likely a pair of St Maarten dives as well.

One of these trips we will make it to Saba but for now CB is more interested in shallow dives until she has a bit more experience. I am good with 30-70’ as well as 120’ as long as I am “getting wet” I am happy. I have done a two tank dive off of SXM before. We dove the wreck of the HMS Proselyte and another site just off of Simpson Bay. Not a lot to see but were able to keep skills up and to me I want to at least dive once a year. This of course means we will not do our normal carry on only baggage but since we will bring our own fins, mask and snorkel, will be checking luggage this time…yippee!!

Again this is a big anniversary so we will do a bit of shopping one day (LOOK FOR US Depti) and catch a very nice meal somewhere. I have found out thru Travel Talk OnLine (TTOL) that there will be at least 2 other couples there celebrating their anniversary the same week we will, is possible that we may all meet up for dinner somewhere in I’m sure Grand Case one evening.


We are not huge on dining out but will on several occasions. This will be our 5th trip to the island and we still have not eaten a meal in Grand Case. This trip we certainly will eat a meal or two there. We also enjoy Peg Leg Pub, good food, drinks and Sean’s hospitality is bar none best we have found on island. We do like to eat lunch out and always stop to see Andy and Cheryl for lunch as well as one of our little known favorites…ribs and chicken from Danny at Cupecoy. This time I also want to visit Halsey’s as the brother of the owner is from the KC area and become a friend of ours. We also want to try Hideaway’s at La Vista as well as our old stand by Zee Best for breakfast. I have given up my caffeine habit so there will not be that drive to go to Zee Best every day to get my day started with a double espresso like in the past but who knows by then may be drinking coffee again….

Will have a photo shoot on the beach taken of us to celebrate a quarter of a centaury together….cant believe CB has stayed with me that long….I wasn’t sure she would hang on 25 months and couldn’t imagine years but nothing makes me happier than the fact that she has.

Is interesting, our vacations are usually filled with activity but in the same sense very relaxing as we spend the biggest part of each day on the beach.

Nuff for today!!

No comments: