Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Today's Ramblings

I have continued investigating flights/fares and trying to decide my travel route…please keep in mind we aren’t going to the islands until April 2008….just a short 237 days away (but who’s counting besides Rob), so you can see my issue here right??.....right???

I think we have settled on a route….will be a lay over evening in most likely Miami. Then on to Anguilla for three days and will then ferry over to Marigot and take a taxi to our resort on ST Maarten for another 7 days. Return trip will all be in one Loooooong day. Price today looks to be around $750. I’ll keep shopping and the prices will come down some.

Next on my list is a new camera, have 2 shots at that. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and there is always dear ole Santa. Ok haven’t been good enough this year for Santa but one can hope. Am looking at a digital SLR. I am very familiar with Canon so am looking at a couple of cameras there. One around $600 and one around $1200. Guess which one Rob wants….yup!!!

Speaking of photography I still need to get the name of the photographer our friends used last year on island. They had their pix taken at Cupecoy just as the sun started to set. Great pix and I would like to use the same photographer. Maybe we can have a bit of an SXM reunion this weekend and get together with Jeff and Bonnie and procure the name of the photographer that they used…..if not there is always next weekend.

As you have probably already read…since you are reading this post. It will be our 25th anniversary. We are due for some new pix of the 2 of us. We were quite young when we married and are starting to get a bit long in the tooth and I am getting a bit round about the middle…now the Mrs is better looking every day, a mid 40’s knock out!!! Fun thing is I tell her that all the time and she doesn’t believe me.

Party time….If you have perused my site a bit you will read a story about a costume party we held last Halloween, it was pirates and wenches. Well it seemed to be a pretty big hit so P&W II will be coming this fall. We have locked down the date..it will be Oct 20th. It is a lot of fun and keeps in that Caribbean theme and gives me yet another hurdle to clear before our trip. We have the date and most of our costumes already….guest list is growing and will go out soon.

No comments: