Thursday, November 15, 2007

Same flight…way different price!!

Got on line today to add my FF id for my flights to ST Maarten in April.
While there I poked around a bit and selected the same flights to the island and back ….wow what a difference in pricing. I thought I did well getting our tickets at about $600 each. Guess I did really well as the fare today was over $1500 each for yes the exact same flights and no this isn’t first class either!

I know that the airlines change the prices of their seats almost daily but come on!!!
This is exactly the reason I watch several travel sites for months before I decide to pull the plug when the price is satisfactory to me.

When we travel to the islands we book our timeshare 13 months out and then at 360 days out from the end of the trip I start looking for airfare…best days I have found to watch for sales seem to be Tuesday and Wednesdays. Have made it into a routine to browse several sites and when they get to a price that my wife and I agreed upon, I whip out the card and grab up a couple of tickets.

Know that the airlines are making the business travelers or those that have to fly last minute pay dearly while those of us that can sit on dates can find deals.

No comments: