Friday, November 30, 2007

Thinking of SXM


As many of you know I frequent a travel board by the name of Travel Talk on Line or www.TTOL.com There was some conversation this week about waterfalls on the island.
When we were last on island we walked the entirety of Baie Rouge. At the far West end past the last house there were cliffs with a small waterfall. This may be man made from one of the palatial palaces on the cliffs or run off from landscaping and or their pool but I did snap a pic ….

There was also an earthquake off the shore of Martinique yesterday. I sent one of my friends on SXM a note asking how they fared and it sounded like pretty well. She said she was in her car at the time so felt it but at first thought her car was acting up. Said no damage to her home or the resort she works at. Damage aside I was just glad to hear that her entire family was safe.

I knew that there was volcanic activity in the general area as well as a very deep trench off of Puerto Rico but for some reason never gave significant earthquakes a thought….guess was just thinking too much about hurricanes…oh yeah that season officially ends today too! Woo Hoo my favorite island has escaped for yet another storm season.

No comments: