Monday, November 12, 2007

We are slowly getting there.

Well folks the calendar keeps changing, the weather is going from Indian summer to oh my God it is getting chilly and Rob isn’t too happy! I think the season change has impacted me and I suffer from an affective disorder that when I don’t get enough sun my body goes into a mild depression. Obviously time to blog and think about this Spring sitting on the beach with my beautiful wife and celebrating a quarter century together.

Am looking at cameras on a regular basis and think we have a purchase narrowed down to a couple of possibilities. One is another point and shoot…with a bit of a twist. Olympus makes a 7.1 megapixel point and shoot that is good to 33’ under water…something to snorkel with for sure and play a bit in the surf … the other is more traditionally what I am looking for. I really have the itch for a D-SLR camera. I am an ole 35 mm guy and would love to be able to do some nice depth of field work and to be able to change out a couple of lenses. Of course a D-SLR will run me more than twice the price of the Olympus camera.

My wife spent some time looking at our pictures from years past and said that it was fun to look at all of those and to reminisce about all the fun we have had on island. She also discussed starting to tuck away some money for our next trip … a mere 5 months away.

We still have lots to do and plan but some of this will be last minute planning. I still need to find a photographer on island for some portraits. We will have some friends meeting us on island and have talked of taking a day trip to Prickly Pear.

Some of the things of interest we plan on doing…. 3 days on Anguilla, there we would like to drive around the island and visit a few beaches, possibly pick up a couple of dives and enjoy some fantastic food.

7 days on ST Maarten, will visit Grand Case for a nice meal, go to Pinel island as well as Green Cay. Visit Friar’s Bay and make the hike over to Happy Bay. I know it seems like a lot but when we get to the beach we do relax a lot so no problems mon. We will be rested upon our return.

More later…….

No comments: