Monday, May 5, 2008

What time zone am I in now???

Today I checked back in to the office after three weeks of travel for business and fun. Wow what a journey.
First the fun;
We started with a flight to Dallas from KC ( still on Central Time Zone) over-nighted in Dallas and had dinner and way too much wine with a good friend. Early morning flight from Dallas (DFW) to Miami…no freaking decent coffee in DFW at that hour even Starbucks wasn’t open. From there we were off to ST Maarten (SXM) and then on to a ferry to Anguilla (AXA) for a few days (Eastern Time zone). We then went back to ST Maarten for a week of “relaxation” (still Eastern Time zone) we ran and did more than we would have liked to.

When it was time to leave SXM the fun started. American didn’t have a plane ready at 7AM so we decided that rather than swim to San Juan….not that good of a swimmer…that we would try the lovely Philadelphia airport in route to KC. What a nightmare that was….including losing luggage that we had in hand in Philly for our flight home to KC (Central Time zone once again). I got up the next morning and left for business in Lost Wages..otherwise known as Las Vegas (Pacific Time zone). While in Vegas we entertained customers so the nights were pretty late…one case 2:30AM PST which will either convert to my home time of 4:30AM CST or vacation time of 5:30 AM EST….hey that is when I get up…..now I’m so confused.

I am back home in KC but my morning internal clock says I am on east coast time and my internal go to bed clock says party on dude it’s still early. I figure by the end of the work week I will either be sleeping at my computer or getting things back to normal….

Stay tuned…have lots to share about my trips…both fun and business…

No comments: