Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Piratude!!!

What is piratude? For me it is a combination of a few things…one that desire to be somewhere in the Caribbean sipping on some kind of rum drink with my toes firmly entrenched in the sand. Two is that devil may care attitude….life is short and I wanna live it to the fullest…sometimes that fullness spills over the edge just a bit. Three, fun, challenging and different are the keys…if it is fun then it is worth investigating…if it is something personally challenging I may be interested and if it is different than I can do or be here in flyover country it may catch my attention As long as what ever activity it is hurts no one else, is not offensive to others and isn’t illegal or immoral then I will consider it.

This can include a list like;
Scuba diving then going over 100’ deep, swimming with sharks
Repelling
Swimming in a cenote and underground river in Mexico
Ziplining
Tattoos
Piercing ..ok only ear but still

Basically I have faced some fears big or small and working thru them and for the most part found that I had a great time working thru them.


I did the piratical thing last night full tilt….I went out and got a new tattoo….one of a skull and crossbones…wearing a captains hat. I got inked with our eldest son who got a very similar tattoo as well as some of his friends. This wasn’t one of my most mature actions but I did it none the less. Have been talking of getting a new tattoo for years.

I don’t regret the tattoo nor its location….on my ribcage just below my arm pit. I will however say it was not the easiest place to get inked. It hurt a bit more than I expected it to but was not by any means unbearable. Pix to be posted later.

No comments: