Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the Vacation Race has begun

Hey, I didnt know this was a high hurdles race!!!

Hi all, Its been a while since I have blogged. There is lots going on but only part of it is aimed at our next trip to the islands. We are still thinking of next April or May for our return but there have already been some hurdles tossed out onto the vacation track. Guess Rob will learn the hurdles quickly. The Airlines seem to be the ones that have snuck out and placed these gargantuan hurdles on the track. They are cutting routes, decommissioning planes and now charging for everything but use of the bathroom. Hey don’t get any ideas there!!!! Unfortunately this is the price of doing business today. I will be watching pricing on airfare from now till I choose to pull the trigger on tickets.

Part of the issue is it looks like they are changing our favorite route..the KC to Dallas leg looks as if it will now go thru….ready for this? Chicago!!! So in order to fly 500 miles south I now have to fly 500 miles north…I know this somehow makes business sense to AA but not so much to Rob as I will now have to make one more connection and add several hours to my flight time. We in the past have tried to avoid O’Hare if at all possible because of the chance of heavy storms when we usually travel and we have had to land in heavy wind as well as sit on the tarmac for hours waiting for a storm to pass. We like going south first. Limits those weather issues. Guess my choices are fly a different airline or get over the hurdle. Ok I am stretching and warming up now…LOL


We will have an addition to our family in September and am not too sure how the lady of the house will feel about leaving a grandchild for a couple of weeks but we will see here too….Ok stretched out and now jogging in place…but just about ready for the race.

Will be touching base with some friends this weekend…we shall see if they are interested in going the same time we go to the islands.

We are now fighting a bit with our timeshare folks as some things happened that were unacceptable while we were on island. I sent them a letter pointing out the issues as well as what I would like to see and they have not yet been kind enough to acknowledge that they even got the letter…..but Rob sent it return receipt requested so I do know that they got the letter. I am a patient man but will take action if they wont work with me.

So at this point I am stretched out warmed up and ready to run the vacation race even with some substantial hurdles in the way. I will explain some more of the hurdles in later posts.

No comments: