Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The stage is set

Tickets purchased….Check
Room booked……....Check
Car reserved………..Check
Phone reserved……..Check

Now the rest is well, up to me. I have a date to roll out Antilles Treasures photo art.
That will be April 27, 2010 at TiJon Perfumery in Grand Case, Saint Martin in the French West Indies. That evening my friends John and Cyndi are willing to host a meet the artist night. Now I am working furiously on my art. Have several prints already in development but want to get them all set up and ready to go by mid March.

I then will spend a couple of days with the merchants in Philipsburg Sint Maarten (Dutch West Indies) same island. Working on creating some products for them such as smaller prints and trinkets that catch the eye of tourists that are not as much into the art component of what I have. I am real behind on this one but will be working thru the weekend to feverishly catch up. Still have to pick out the products, have samples made and purchase in a small quantity items to take with me.

It is exciting but a bit stressful though I realize nothing ventured nothing gained and my dear wife is willing to support me on this so here we go….

I am currently doing some more mundane things like creating a meet the artist poster in English and French to be distributed and hung on the island. Getting together ordering forms and making new business cards. Lots of fun things that will leave me needing a vacation when I return from my trip to the islands.

I hope to have my website up and running by April 24th, before I board the plane to ST Maarten.

Wish me luck all……

No comments: