Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh, Well!!

Guess great schemes don’t always work out. When we booked our airfare to the Caribbean several months ago I chose an aisle and window seat in the back of the plane hoping that the middle seat wouldn’t be sold.

I get on line every Tuesday morning to check our seats. Every week since that seat remained vacant. I noticed last week that there were two, yes two empty seats that do not have an added fee to sit in them that were available. Today’s check brought a little sigh of disappointment. My wife and I will be sharing our row with a third person.

I have done this every time we fly to the Caribbean and probably 75% of the time the seat is filled. This one however didn’t fill until we were three weeks from traveling.

I let out the sigh and then as quickly as it came…it passed. Whom ever is sitting with us will be offered the window or aisle seat…their choice and it is only 4 ½ hours until we tell them goodbye and most likely don’t see them again anyway.

Yes I whined a bit, I choose to think I vented but it was whining. I am now moving on to thinking about all the leisure activities and rest as well as visiting with friends that we will do while on island.

We were betting against the house that the seat between us would remain vacant…and you normally loose that bet and yes we lost the gamble. Again, we are still on the flight, still living the dream of a tropical escape we are just arriving in a full plane. Oh well!

No comments: