Monday, December 3, 2007

Paddle Faster.....I hear banjo music!!



We went to Branson Missouri this weekend. For those that don’t know this is the blue hair capital of America! We have family that lives there and went to celebrate a birthday.

I saw a t-shirt that made me laugh….it was Paddle Faster, I hear banjo music.
Not much of a country music fan and next to Nashville there are more country performers in Branson than anywhere else. We did however go to one of the shows. I can honestly say I had a good time. The show consisted of six brothers that sang for almost 2 hours with no instruments other than their voices. A couple of the brothers could beat-box and all sang lead for differing music types. Best part of the show for me was the Christmas component. They were fantastic in this section of the show. They close with a salute to all Veterans which brought the house to their feet.

We later went to a Stone Hill winery tasting and were disappointed with that. Issue being Stone Hill is good at making the German types of sweet white wines, neither of us care for Rieslings’ and such…we drink the heartier reds. Oh well, we visited and moved on!!

One of my favorite things to do when visiting is Sunday brunch at Big Cedar lodge….very nice food and a beautiful setting. Is fantastic!!! http://www.big-cedar.com/ I snapped a few pix there as the grounds are breath taking.


We were there after a wedding and found this rose pedal on a trail...

The new pix are test drives of a new digital camera that I have in hand….practice for my shooting in St Maarten in April.

No comments: