Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fighting the pre-trip battle of the bulge

This is a war I have to fight before every vacation! We have just over 90 days left until we are in ST Maarten and Anguilla. I need to shed probably around 20 lbs, really much more than that but....I think I can lose 20 in 90 days. I have many reasons to lose weight health being first and foremost and I am one of those 40 somethings that would prefer to look better in or out of swim trunks while on island.

This as you know if you have been reading along will be our 25th anniversary. Would love to look better for my wife too.

I am a baby boom couch potato. Started exercise and caught a very bad cold so stopped exercise while sick. Now need to get back to it. Have some other health issues that have surfaced with parents in the past several months that have also gotten my attention and makes me wanna lose some non essential pounds.

Key for Rob is exercise and cutting down on what I eat. Duh....pretty simple right? Nooooo it isnt! Issue….I like to eat! The foods I eat aren’t always the best for me either so I am working to wean myself from sugars and processed carbs like bread and pasta. No atkins diet here but I don’t need all the processed junk. Is easily said but real tuff to follow.

Wish me luck or man the harpoons.

Tonight is a big night for us and our trip. CB and I are meeting the 4th person in our party. The person our friend has decided to take along on our journey. Should be fun as she sounds like a great person. From what he has described we have lots in common. Tonight is a wine and cheese get together with a bit of conversation about the island, activities available and the start of activities planning. I however know that no matter what we have planned….we wont do too much as lying on the beach “sand gravity” seems to win out almost every day. I know she is a diver and we have talked of a day of diving, not sure yet if it will be off of Anguilla ( my choice) or SXM. Our friend is not certified but is willing to take the resort course and give it a try…at least at this time he has agreed to do that.

No comments: