Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry New Year!!

Yes I know it is Happy New Year but that is one of the lines that sticks in my head from the movie Trading Places with Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy.

It has been a while since I have posted. We survived the holidays and it’s travels and come out the other side to a new year. Rob is excited about this year, we will travel in April to the islands and now that we have passed the holiday my child bride (cb) is starting to think of things that she would like to do while in the islands. She wants to eat in Grand Case, go to Pinel island and dive while in Anguilla. I saw a posting about women wearing their wedding dresses and having a photo shoot with them on at the beach, riding horses and the likes. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. We have been married for almost 25 years and I would bet that my cb could still fit into her wedding dress. It has been in a box for that entire time except for when it was cleaned after our wedding. We have no girls to hand the dress down to so I thought it might be a cool idea to take the dress with us and do a photo shoot with her in it…. Her response…we are traveling light, I don’t want to lug that thing all the way there. I told her we should mail it to a friend on the island and do the shoot. Don’t think she will go for it but who knows.

Am thinking for last scene, a snorkel or dive outing. Envision scene of Elizabeth’s dress from Pirates of the Caribbean II. Oh well we can discuss further.

I found a couple of cool spots on www.googleearth.com one is in Anguilla where there is a large boat that was washed ashore I am sure during a storm and there is another place just off of Orient Beach on ST Martin with a sailboat that was wrecked. We will visit both to shoot some nice pix. Now have to get cb to agree to pose.

Like probably half of America, we have started our diets for the year. Is going to be a hard one for me but I want to lose probably 20lbs before we go to the islands. Don’t want folks rolling me back into the water because I look like a beached whale. Ok, it isn’t that bad but I am more than a bit over weight and could lose a bunch of weight for health reasons as well as to look better for cb while on island

Again Happy New Year!

No comments: