Thursday, February 21, 2008

Awesome but COLD


Last night we watched the total lunar eclipse. It was incredible, we took our DSLR outside with a 300mm lens and a starlight filter and got some nice pix. I did finally thaw enough to pull out a couple of pix and to put them here for you to view.....wooo hooo!!!
The temp last night was in the single digits and a bit windy too….We (eldest son and I) froze! The experience however was worth it. Want to also thank my youngest son for if it were not for his lens donation the pix above would not have been possible. we shot a couple of shots at 75mm and you could hardly even tell it was the moon. So thanks for the loan of the lens Andrew.

This morning we woke to sleet falling and a whopping 14 degree temperature. I think I wrote in a previous post. I hate winter. That opinion certainly hasn't changed.
It hasn’t been bone chilling cold this winter but we have been stuck between 5 and 35 degrees for months. Typically KC winters have a couple of weeks of break where we see the 50s and 60s. I think we have had maybe 2 or 3 days in 2008 that have gotten that warm. KC is getting pretty grouchy. There are lots of places with much worse winters than what we have but we simply are not used to this.




1 comment:

Commander Zaius said...

AXARob is ..
an over 40 victim of fate, arriving too late..... Love the Caribbean but live in the land locked flat lands of Kansas..DOH!!


I feel for you, I'm three hours from the coast, and my hometown but my wife, kids, work, and did I say wife stop me from heading home every weekend. And the Caribbean, well just lets say except for a couple of cruises several years ago its a fantasy place for me. Great photos of the old moon.