Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rob's Ramblings

I don’t remember the last time we went an entire week with daily highs above the freezing mark. This week it just might happen. Monday was nice, snowed last night just a bit and today will be close to 32 degrees…we are hoping that this is a change in the jet stream….if those lovely Canadians (no offense) would just keep their arctic air those of us in the plains states would be much much happier. Don’t get me wrong…in comparison to those in other winters we plains states folks have pretty mild winters but when not used to it. It SUCKS!!!!

Second thing is business. I am slowly doing well, have talked with an attorney and now need to speak with my accountant …. Fill out the proper forms and submit. Then off for some business cards. I have the logo as I said before and will have in hand some shirts and hats this week. Rob is getting excited.

This trip will be about introducing the name in the market. Will not be max exposure since we are headed to the island about 6 months too early but we shall see. This will be a sample tour for logo wear but will be a gathering tour for photos that will make up the beginning of the second part of my business. Intent here is to make some reasonable photo work in calendars and the likes as well as the opportunity for customers to purchase photos in more of an art form. Imagine yourself shooting a picture you love and then having it mounted on canvas like a painting.. My goal is to have a product that will touch those who love the islands with something everyone can afford.

No comments: