Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting stuff together to pack

Woo hoo! We see the light at the end of this tunnel….oops sorry that was the tanning bed lights I saw. Seriously, we are getting excited. My dear wife is showing signs that she is planning for our trip. She is making mental check lists of what needs to be done before we go….things at home that Rob wouldn’t think about. I as you know have been in trip planning mode for about a year, so between the two of us I think we will have everything covered….at least I hope so.

We did our Wal-mart run to pick up necessities for the trip. Things like snacks for the plane, travel size toiletries and sun tan lotions and sprays.

Tip for the day; We have found this to be a good way to avoid sunburn…other than not lying out in the sun…In the morning apply your first application with nothing on…. (Obviously this works better if not traveling with family) this gives you total coverage with lotion and a bit of help from your partner to get the spots you cant reach, let dry and then get dressed. Take a bottle of the continuous spray sunscreen with you for the day and re apply with that. There is no scratching from sand or dried sea salt, the spray on covers very nicely.

Our bedroom has become the gathering place for all the crap…er stuff we will be bringing. There are multitudes of books. If you want a spare book, hang out near us and I am sure the boss lady will have one for you at the end of each day. I on the other hand will be bringing along only 2 books. When not sunning I will be out walking and shooting pictures. Fear not folks, I am not a picture taker of people…I like to capture the natural beauty of the island. I usually photo-shop people out of my pictures unless of course the picture is of my bride.

Packing is a lot of fun, he says facetiously, Rob grabs 4 pairs of shorts, 4 shirts, 4 pair of underwear, 2 pair socks, 2 pair of swim trunks. My flip flops, sandals and tennis shoes. I am also contemplating a pair of linen pants with an aloha shirt for a nice dinner out.

For the bride….we had a swim suit fashion show, a shorts fashion show, then a tops fashion show to go with the shorts. Then a discussion about dresses and activities in which she would wear a dress followed by then the dress fashion show. Rob isn’t complaining…after all he got to watch the show as well as the model changing between runs on the catwalk. Then there is the discussion of correct undergarments to wear with each dress…. We haven’t even gotten to the shoes yet…which turn out to be the easiest part…she gathers up some flip flops for the beach, some nice sandals to go with her dresses and tennis shoes. All piled into a quickly expanding pile of stuff that is going with us. In years past we have done this trip carry on…I now see that I am glad we are taking a bigger suitcase for dive equipment as it too will be a bit full! I told her go ahead and bring what she wants as we have extra room and I wont be bringing much in the way of clothes.
I have been posting once a week but for any of you out there that may be reading…I bet the posts will be a bit closer together over the next two weeks.

No comments: