Monday, March 24, 2008

Three weeks till lift off

The final component of our pre trip planning fell in place this weekend. The trip to the tanning salon to get some light on this pair of Midwestern WHITE bodies…..LOL.

I am already a bigger than average guy and would hate to have my big white body bobbing up and down in the surf and be mistaken for Melville’s great white whale.
At least this way the throngs of beach goers may only run into the surf yelling “Free Willy” as they amass to try and push me back into the ocean. LOL Ok I’m truly not that big but am larger than I would like to be. Lying in a tanning bed for 10-20 minutes almost daily till I become golden brown…is very relaxing and getting some color before we head out always cheers me. We have had like most of the rest of North America a cold long winter so I am ready for spring for sure.

The lady of the house ordered and received a set of new dive fins and is excited and ready to dive. This is a surprise to me as I have always seen her in the mode of going along to dive but not really wanting to explore too much. She even hinted at the idea of a dive vacation in the near future. That excited me since I went on a dive vacation last January and loved it.

My concern for this trip is last week’s big surf on AXA and SXM, I intended to take lots of pictures and still do but the beauty will obviously be different than what I remember……oh well, maybe a few ti-punches or a bit of good rum will make it all better. Honestly, just being on island(s) will be much better.

No comments: