Thursday, May 22, 2008

Edit, Edit, Edit....Proof, Proof, Proof

Life has gotten to a place where I can now spend some "qulity time" looking at all the pix I took while on vacation. I shot somewhere between 1500 and 2000 on this trip. Yes, I am a photo-bug. I find shooting pix a great way to relax and to see my vacation thru a different eye.

I had a great time and even got a few chuckles from my wife as I looked like a monkey going berserk changing filters and lenses to catch the same shot in different ways. No I won’t be shooting with two cameras in the future but I can see why folks do. Process was set camera take pic, change lens, take another then change filter....repeat, repeat, repeat!

Because I shot in burst mode, there are many duplicates, I have trimmed out the ones I am not fond of and am now going thru and pulling out the ones slightly out of focus or not framed correctly.

Last night I did a quick keeper review and copied about 200 pix into a new folder and will work with them to make those pix the best I can. I will be burning a disk or two to share with some friends to help me narrow down this list further. My goal here is to select about 100 pix or so of the two islands to merge with some pix from years past.

My thought process is to then make a coffee table book of our “Antilles Treasures” memories.

I know I am not a professional photographer but do very much enjoy shooting and will be taking my hobby to a new level in upcoming weeks, months and years.

With our previous trips I had a lot of editing to do to my pix to sharpen images and bring out some colors. I am amazed that with the new camera there is very little I have done or will do to the pix other than possibly to crop and Photoshop out some people. I like to see the beauty of beaches minus the heads bobbing in the surf if possible. Photoshop lets me do this with just a little effort.

No comments: