Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tick, tick tick…..

Is the sound of my mind gearing up for another season of planning our next vacation. There have already been a few obstacles thrown in the way but it is very early so those wont be too hard to sidestep or hurdle.

We have learned about taking friends and will still be inviting others to go with us. Each trip we discuss this very issue and every time we agree that it is more fun with friends there.

My buddy BBDJohn has accompanied us twice and will most likely continue to travel to our vacation getaway with us.

We are in negotiations…LOL ok, discussion with another of our friends about going together. If we do it will be into May that we will return to the island instead of or normal April journey. I don’t like waiting a few more weeks but would love to travel with this set of friends. Jeff and Bonnie are another couple from the Kansas City area that we hang out with. We get together once every two or three months and converse about family and our obsession with (ok the guys have the obsession) the island. When we are going back and what we are going to do. We are both developing business that is based on the island/s and are having fun with that too.


Soooooo we will either be going back to the island around April 15th or May 15th only issue I have with going later is we are starting to build a group of friends that are on island in mid-April and want to see them again next year. If Rob is forced to choose…..it will be….drum roll please…….. Our KC friends. To all my on island friends, sorry guys.


I am thinking this year of getting a group of studio rooms at our resort as we had some difficulties with last year’s reservations. If we get a studio I know what I will be getting and wont be disappointed. Besides I can wait till later in the year to get the studio rooms, as in once our airfare is booked.

Now for some good news….. Mary started back to work this week. This after a 6 week forced hiatus. I think she liked being away from work for a while but was ready to go back. Not so sure that this contract is for her but is only 5 months so we will be fine with it. Even better news. We are to become first time grandparents this fall. Will be early September. Mary and I couldn’t be happier as we are still young but ready for the Grandparent mode. I have already determined that I will be Grandpa Candy once they are old enough…..

Well enough for now…

No comments: