Thursday, June 25, 2009

Odd???

We had one of the couples in our little travel group pull the plug on going to the island with us this year. No biggie there is always another year but am having issues with getting others to join us. I don’t get it, I shower, we leave our clothes on at the beach, and am not the typical obnoxious American tourist.

It is ODD to us since we love traveling to St Maarten that so many have either backed out or turned us down. I am guessing it is one of two things….either my sterling personality…I can be a travel bear….or our economy. I cant do much about the second part but the first one I can explain. We are a bit adventurous and don’t like being tied down. Criteria for travel with Rob is…you too must rent a car and we wont be spending every waking minute together. There are various reasons for part two of that statement.

1. We all so spend a couple of dollars to get there and we like some couples rejuvenation time while there. This is our yearly escape and we love sharing but aren’t willing to be tour guides for a week.
2. I have started a business that is in its infancy that will require me to be free at certain times of the day.
3. We have some differing interests that will cause us to go our separate ways…such as golf and diving.

I know that I am a bit ODD as I will take any opportunity to head for the islands. In today’s economy many are much more leery of dropping the coin it takes to fly from the middle of the US to the island for a week. I just look at it as this is what I work 50+ weeks a year for…and I will do what ever it takes to get me there!!!!! So I guess it is just me that is ODD. LOL

No comments: