Monday, June 15, 2009

Planning and Friends for travel

Met this weekend with some friends/business associates and discussed ST Maarten. They had just come back and found the trip to be very worth while to them. I shared that we in turn had just booked our tickets to go in Nov. He said that they may be returning to the island about the same time. What a blast it would be if they went at the same time we did. We have been trying for years to get together while on island.

There is an outside possibility that some friends of ours from Texas may be on island when we get there too. There is also the chance that yet another one of our friends from the KC area will be there at the same time. This could lead to a couple of VERY fun nights out!!!

Rob’s count of friends on island could be something like 12. There is some economy stimulation for SXM.

We so far have our flights paid and our week long stay on SXM booked. I still need to pay for our stay on Anguilla and a single night on SXM before we go to Anguilla.

Other things left to do is book cars for both islands and the hardest part for me……plan our days. No I am not looking to plan out every minute but we are going with the intent of taking lots of photos for my business. That comes first for us, way before hanging out on the beaches or what non-business meals we may plan.

Our typical plan in the past has been ….make a list of three or four things to do and do them otherwise we get up in the morning and have a conversation that goes something like this….
R says “Hey honey can you help me with sunscreen?”
M says “ Sure let me get that for you.”
R “Hey I need to run by and get my Espresso fix on our way to…..what beach do you want to go to today?”
M “Well, I kind of like the chairs at La String over on Orient, would you mind if we drive across island today”
R “No problem as long as I can stop by Zee Best on our way”
M “Ok, and I have already gotten the cooler ready for some snacks”
R “Cool, lets get outa here so we can enjoy the sun and surf, besides we need to get there and grab front row chairs”
M “ Ok I’m ready lets go”

That is a conversation that goes on almost every morning..just change the name of the beach. This time I will need to work on planning a bit better so we can hit some other photo ops while there.

To say we are getting excited about traveling back to the island is a bit of an understatement but that is what this blog is all about remember!!!

You will see me posting quite a bit more often now that we are booked!!

No comments: