Wednesday, December 19, 2007

American Air’s magical moving flight schedule

We have heard that the major airlines have been asked to cut back, change their schedules and do what ever it takes to make flights more timely. Woo hoo! Glad to hear it! Way to go….hey wait a minute this is going to affect me, I’m not so sure about this.

We have flights booked to ST Maarten for mid April. We will travel from KC to Dallas with an overnight stay and then on to Miami and ST Maarten the next day. Our flight from MCI to DFW has been changed twice! Is all ok but a bit crazy. Flight was changed within a week of us booking from a 5PM to 7PM flight. This was ok but did get us into Dallas a bit late. Going to meet a friend so meant Rob wasn’t planning much sleep. This week that flight was changed back to 5PM flight. This is better for Rob but as long as there is a seat and they are relatively on time…I’ll be a good sport about this and just call it all good! Funny thing is I have looked on AA’s site for seating and both planes are pretty much empty for the flights that are scheduled. KC to Dallas has lots of business commuters so I am sure the flights will fill up, I just find this moving schedule to be at this point a bit humorous. I will however say that if they mess with my flights to Miami and on to SXM I will be more than a bit agitated. We have to take a cab from the flight landing at PJIA to Marigot and on to the Ferry to AXA then another cab….hoping to be checked in before 5PM really don’t want this part of the plan to fall thru. Guess we shall see!!!

Nuff said....In case I am not back on line before the holiday Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: