Thursday, March 26, 2009

The deck has been re-shuffled

I made my last post confirming that we had booked our rooms for ST Maarten. Had two other couples scheduled to go with us. One couple had a contingency plan that was enacted so they decided to back out but another couple may be stepping up to take their spot. Here is the rub for a couple of us. I think I shared before the same issue that is happening all over America may be hitting home. Our company has been purchased so 4 of us wont know if we have jobs or not for the next 4-6 weeks. Based on that outcome I do believe we can start looking to purchase flights.

If we are let go…the trip goes from three couples to one…us, and will be moved to a much earlier date than November. Like as soon as I can book!! I do have some business ideas that will take a bit of time to develop…but once up and running I am pretty sure will provide at least some income for near term…and hopefully support me in the long term. That said some of it will be based in ST Maarten so I need to get back there to complete the next level of my plans. I hope beyond hope that things work well and all three couples can go. This will make for a very fun trip.

Still watching airfare and waiting on sales to hit. It looks as if I had to book today we would fly from Chicago rater than Dallas or NYC or even Charlotte. So would be commuter flight from KC to Chicago and then Chicago to Miami and on to the island.
I have a magic number set in my head and if they get there I pull the trigger even if I am not sure about weather or not I will still have a job.

No comments: