Monday, March 2, 2009

Trip time is getting closer….

We have discussed travel to the island this year with several friends and have two couples that may be interested. We will pay our fees within the next week and look to pin down a date in November and then book the rooms. This little positive change has made things look up for us both.

We got about 5 or so inches of surprise snow this weekend and spent a lot of that time discussing our trip. Rob feels as if there has been some stress lifted off his shoulders.
I am facing the possibility of a layoff but at this point I am trying to get a business up and running. I have the ideas and now need to follow thru to turn my little venture into a hopefully profit making company. A big part of that will be another trip to the island so I can capture the photos I need to put some real teeth into my business. Right now I am selling one off pictures and only in SXM. That makes things a bit tuff to make it big but I have the right ideas and plans now I just need to put things into place with a follow up trip , unfortunately it looks as if November is as soon as I can get back on island.....better Nov than not at all though!!!

We also found a new toy this weekend, ok, not new but new to us. Wife and I have stepped out into social networking and have put up pages on facebook. Lots of fun!

No comments: