Friday, January 15, 2010

Could it be so???

It may be that I will be making a return to my island paradise soon, very soon as in 91 days from today. While there I will be shooting pix, hitting up some sales opportunities and with some luck having a meet the artist session at a wonderful store in Grand Case that has agreed to host some of my photo-art.

I have lots to do still, like purchase tickets. Make some contacts and plan the meet and greet. Still checking on products and new ideas. Trying to set reasonable price points and honestly having a difficult time with that subject. I see what going price is on items and just rub my eyes and swallow hard…I’m finding it puts me between a rock and hard place. I am finding that to wholesale I may make less than the stores that carry my products…OUCH!!! Hard to justify some products. Say it cost me $10 to have something made, I think it is worth $25 that would mean I would need to mark it at about $12.50 a unit to make the item appealing to a retail sales establishment.

Hmm, I fly to another country pay for my say and food, shoot the pictures. Buy the pictures from a photo lab and then make $2.50 a print while someone else makes $12.50..but I have no risk like they do so I see where they should make some reward. Now I am part way thru a website where I can offer the same thing at retail prices. Lets see what happens….done venting.

I am very excited to have the opportunity to once again visit the island and possibly put some of my products out there for sale. I am also soon to be the featured photographer on a website. Myislandart.com There are 10 pix out there already with pricing to follow soon.

Wish me luck folks.

No comments: