Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hallucination and Anticipation

What? Where am I going with this??


Let me weave this story for you.

Hallucination….

Our weather has been exceptionally wet and cold this winter. There has This week we have actually been above freezing all week so the snow is melting rapidly…and there has been a lot that has had to melt for this part of the country. Now that the stage is set and you are wondering what is this guy on anyway I will proceed with the story.

I carpool with a co worker and was sitting in his drive this morning waiting on him to join me for our drive into work. I peered out the drivers side window and what did I see??? No, not a fat man dressed in red with 8 reindeer….come on now..stick with me.
There in the pile of snow that he or a family member had shoveled off his drive was the outline and topographical shape of the tropical island of ST Maartin/ST Martin. I just stared at it…picking out different bays that we frequent and reminiscing about being there. I did make a mistake as I always carry a camera with me to capture unique and unusual things I see. I didn’t even think about taking this picture until of course my friend had joined me and we were driving away. Unfortunately the mound of snow wont look like ST Maartin when we return this evening…I would imagine that…. for those of you that know the island…. Terres Basses or for us Engilsh speaking folks…the lowlands will be gone, guess reclaimed by the earth.

Anticipation….

I wear a small medallion strung on cord around my ankle that is about the size of a quarter, in the center is a cut out outline of the very same island. I wear it to remind me daily, choices I make and things I do are for a reason and that reason is to get us back to that very island. I am planning two island adventures in 2010. One as a business opportunity and the other as a photo working trip. The first trip if all goes well will be at the end of April without my dear wife as I will work some of the shops along front street and possibly have a meet the artist event in Grand Case. The second one will be around Halloween and will be for new photo ops as well as a bit of R&R for the two of us to renew and recharge.

No comments: